Saturday, June 4, 2011

American Pasta Salad


If you are like me, you don't like to showing up to a get together with store-bought items.

Unfortunately there are less hours in the day then most of us would like and thus we need short cuts. Since it's the season of picnics and outdoor get togethers, I suggest this super easy pasta salad.

You can edit your ingredients to cut back cost as pre-cut items are more expensive, these items are *'ed. I also like more veggies than pasta, edit to your preference.

Total prep/cook time 20 minutes.

Ingredients:

pint of cherry tomatoes (my favorite are Bushel Boys grown in MN)
bag of fresh broccoli florets*
bag of matchstick carrots*
bag of mini-turkey pepperonis
bottle of fat free (or light) Kraft zesty Italian dressing
1 green (or colored) pepper (chopped)
1 red onion (diced to preference)
1 box of pasta (choose a pasta plus for added dietary benefits, will have the same white color unlike wheat pasta)

Instructions:

Cook pasta per directions on box. Drain. In a large mixing bowl combine ingredients. Pour Italian dressing over mixture and stir.I like to let mine chill in refrigerator for at least an hour before serving; but pasta can be served at room temperature.

Shredded cheddar cheese can be added to the mixture after refrigeration, before serving.

2 comments:

  1. What kind of pasta do you use in this salad?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a pasta made by Giada de Laurentiis brand at target. Next time I am there I will take a picture and post it. I love the shapes in her line.

    ReplyDelete