Sunday, June 26, 2011

Farm Fresh Eggs and Monster Cookies


Last week my co-worker brought me a dozen fresh eggs from his mom's chickens. Knowing that the next couple weeks I will be out of town, I needed a recipe that used a lot of eggs. Aren't they beautiful!


A few weeks ago my other co-worker brought in a couple of her infamous monster cookies to share- they were amazing. I got her recipe, which back in the day was used to feed a family of 15 children and the full recipe calls for a dozen eggs, making 20 dozen cookies.


I have included the "half batch" recipe which makes about 10 dozen cookies. I suggest that if you are not interested in baking for a couple hours freeze half the batch for later. This recipe was a huge hit by the 10 people who I had sample them and I have a nice gallon bag of dough frozen for later in July when I am to bring some cookies to a family function. Did I mention it is super easy? Enjoy!


 Ingredients full recipe (half)

wet ingredients
4 cups sugar (2 cups)
2 lbs brown sugar (2 1/3 cups)
2 cups shortening (1 cup)
1 dozen eggs, large (6 eggs)
1 tbsp vanilla (1 1/2 tsp vanilla)
40 oz peanut butter (18 oz)

dry ingredients
1 lb M&M's (8 oz)
1 lb chocolate chips (8 oz)
8 tsp baking soda (4 tsp)
1 large box of oatmeal (18 oz)
1 cup flour  (1/2 cup flour)

Instructions:
1. Cream together wet ingredients in one bowl and mix dry ingredients with another.
2. Slowly add dry ingredients into wet ingredients with a spoon. *If mixture looks too moist add more flour. You can also bake one cookie to test, add more flour if you want a more "fluffy" cookie.
3. Bake 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees.



No comments:

Post a Comment